When my University realized we were not meeting accessible web standards (we were notified by the Office of Civil Rights), it was, at first, an overwhelming experience. Our web team didn’t know where to begin in the remediation process.
I’ve detailed our process for remediating in another blog post on Higher Ed Ally, but we wouldn’t have been able to progress as quickly and efficiently as we did without certain tools and resources — many of which were completely free and developed open source by the web accessibility community!
I’ve compiled a list of the web accessibility related resources we currently use and reference regularly in our process — this page will be regularly updated.
- Web Accessibility Tutorials »
- Adobe InDesign Accessibility Guide »
- Preparing InDesign Files for Accessibility »
- A Guide to Accessible Headings »
- WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference »
- WebAIM WCAG 2.0 Checklist »